Thursday, September 23, 2004

learn how to throw away?

sometimes i'm curious what should be thrown away - i'm all for re-_____-ing, but that's not quite what this song is about. it's probably not clear what this song is about, but that may be why i like it. the band soulwax is amazing - i'm not quite clear what exactly soulwax is - i know it's two brothers who make music.

this song is one i love playing on piano - i can't play the strings simultaneously, but i can imagine them. i'm thinking that a lack of clarity and simplicity allows for most of the continued pleasure in music and lyrics. that's why i like metaphor, and that's why i like complexity in music to some degree. but i also like simplicity of the jack johnson/dispatch kind. i think that i've generally found a happy diversity in my interests and joys in that regard.

the main accomplishment in my life today was the commencement of writing my thesis - i started brainstorming in outline form, and i felt really good about the structure and organization it was taking on. last night before i went to bed, i did the same thing with a philosophy style paper on ethics and distant others. i think that both could be interesting, which is important because i don't want to get sick of them too early in the process of working on them, but i also recognize they are also things i just do and do them. things generally make sense. if i can avoid going blind for the next few months, i think i could potentially make a lot of progress on the writing of my thesis, which would make my life much nicer.

at any rate, i'll maybe put more thought into all this tomorrow - i've been thinking and doing academic for 50+ of the last 72 hours - that's too much. enjoy this song by soulwax sometime soon. it's called when logics die.



and the place of sadness
I occupy with dignity
was left like a dream among stones
and the words that you spill from the mouth that you fill
they abandon their grace and fatigue
oh to feel without touching and speak without talking
you'll spill the tissues of lies
how I wish we could mend things
or learn how to throw away
as we look for someone to blame

love's been denied
don't be polite
I owe u nothing
when logics die

and the dream is a night
but eternal the kiss
but I guess you already knew
I'm the orgy and the distant cool
the friend you will never fool
I like the way you oppose me
let the last thoughts languish
and try and distinguish
you'll spill the tissues of lies
how I wish we could mend this
or learn how throw away as we look for someone to blame

love's been denied
don't be polite
I owe u nothing
when logics die

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home